The Dos and Don’ts: Looking After Your Synthetic Wig
We are keeping it real in this week’s blogpost. So, you’ve just bought a synthetic wig, or you’re still thinking about purchasing one. If this is you, read on to discover some ways you can keep your wig looking fresh for longer and some no-no’s you should be aware of when it comes to looking after your synthetic wigs.
We don’t want you to fret when customising your wig for fear of damaging it - at the same time we don’t want you thinking you can do absolutely anything to your wig.
- Make sure you store your wig appropriately to maintain the wig’s shape. We suggest using a wig stand.
- Always detangle your wig before washing it.
- Detangle your wig with care, always use wide-tooth comb, and for curls use your fingers.
- Use shampoo and conditioner specially formulated for synthetic wigs
- If you use styling product on your synthetic wigs, remember a small amount of serum or a moisturiser specially formulated for synthetic wig is all you need to maintain that healthy shine.
- Keep your wig clean, it’s okay to wash your synthetic wig, remember to use care. See our previous blog post on ‘How to revive your synthetic wig’ for all the steps.
- Do not wear your wig to bed, and if you must, be sure to wear a silk scarf or bonnet.
- Do not use a fine-tooth comb on your wig as this will pull on the strands and may damage the wig.
- Do not wash your wig in hot water.
- Do not apply high heat to your synthetic wig.
- Do not use human hair products on your synthetic wig.
- Do not use a lot of styling products on your synthetic wigs to avoid product build-up.
So, there you have it. We hope we’ve equipped you with some information about what you should or shouldn’t be doing with your synthetic wig.
If you are interested in trying out a synthetic wig, shop out collection here.
See you in our next post!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.